config.sub/config.guess are very old
- Change foundin to "4.3.0a"
- Change icomment to:
In libspatialite 4.3.0a, config.sub/config.guess are very old (timestamp='2009-11-20'). This prevents building for newer architectures. For example,
./configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=aarch64-linux-gnu ... checking host system type... Invalid configuration `aarch64-linux-gnu': machine `aarch64' not recognized configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub aarch64-linux-gnu failed
If I update to the latest config.sub/config.guess (from git.savannah.gnu.org with timestamp='2020-07-12'), I'm able to build for more arches (such as aarch64).
libspatialite should update to the latest config.sub/config.guess so we don't have to do these workarounds.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/plain"
- Change private_contact to "efcaec14c0d25f4ea14cc201021689b6044f32c1"
- Change severity to "Important"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "config.sub/config.guess are very old"
- Change type to "Build_Problem"